Multiple systems within your vehicle work together to keep it driving straight. Sometimes, your wheels will become misaligned. And as a result, your car may become challenging to maneuver. If you recently went flying over a speed bump or hit a pothole, the wheels could get knocked out of line. If you choose to ignore the misalignment, you may notice a significant hit to your car's performance, followed by a drop in gas mileage.
What Are the Signs That You Need a Wheel Alignment?
- Stiff Steering Wheel. An off-center steering wheel is a typical sign that your wheels need adjustments. If you have to grasp the steering wheel full-on to keep your car moving straight, then you need to contact a mechanic ASAP.
- Vibrating Vehicle. Misaligned wheels will result in heavy strained tires. As a result, they will cause your vehicle to vibrate.
- Uneven Tire Wear. The condition of your wheels can be a telling sign of whether you need a wheel alignment. We highly suggest that you get in the habit of visually inspecting your tire tread. If any of your tires have uneven tread wear, it can mean that you have an alignment problem.
- Squealing Tires. Tires should not be noisy when you drive. If you notice a squealing while making your usual commute, the wheels may have been misaligned. When your wheels are out of alignment, they cannot correctly make contact with the road, causing them to squeak.
- Vehicle Pulling to One Side. Your car should continue to drive straight even if you take your hands off the steering wheel (please do not try this unless you are in a safe environment). If your car pulls to one side the moment you take your hands off the steering wheel, then you definitely have misaligned wheels.
Wheel Alignment Service in Baltimore, MD
If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, feel free to reach out to Apple Auto for a thorough inspection. Our certified auto mechanics can realign your wheels and have you back on the road safely again. Give us a call at (410) 500-9023 or pay us a visit today.